Gym rats call the squat the Godfather of all exercises…so if it’s this prestigious and beneficial let’s make sure you’re executing it correctly!
The squat is a powerful, foundation exercise that primarily targets your quads, glutes & hamstrings…
The squat exercise trains some of the biggest muscles in the body, therefore has the potential to add a big boost to your metabolism. The body uses more energy to repair and maintain lean muscle tissue.
The Set Up:
- Feet Shoulder-Width Apart
- Chest & Head Up
- Abs Engaged
- Shoulders Relaxed
- Push Hips Back
- Chest Up
- Bend Knees
- Head & Eyes Up
- Weight to Mid/Back of Feet
- Keep Knees Hip-Width Apart
- Squat to 100 Degrees at Knees (not quite 90)
- Knees Buckle Inward (knee/hip stress)
- Chest Falls Forward (low back stress)
- Tense Upper Body (neck/shoulder stress)
- Abs Lose Engagement (low back stress)
- Weight on Toes/Heels Elevate (knee stress)
Leg training can be a rough part of the routine for both men and women, but it feels great when performed correctly and on a regular basis. Strong legs provide the foundation for all sports and lifestyle movement alike…so don’t skip leg day!