Not everyone loves grocery shopping but it needs to happen, the more often the better. Here are some tips to make your trip a healthier one:
- Eat prior to shopping, you’ll be less likely to make poor decisions.
- Shop on the perimeter of the store, the middle is where the highly processed foods sit.
- Use a list and stick to it.
- Read labels (ingredients listed first make up the largest content).
- Buy perishable food items, the shorter the shelf life the healthier.
- Buy fruits and vegetables, preferably fresh, but frozen and canned are good alternatives.
- Leave the pop, chips, fruit juice, and light breads for those less informed!
Remember . . . If you don’t buy it you can’t eat it!